Universities In Karnataka 2023 – Admission, Eligibility, and NIRF
In the lap of the Arabian sea coastline and Southwest India, Karnataka is a charming state in India that grabs the attention and countless visits of people for its lush greenery and enchanting wildlife. The state of India is regarded as one of the top holiday destinations in India where nature lovers can embrace endless fun and adventure. And apart from the mesmeric natural beauty of wildlife and lush greenery, Karnataka is also famed as one of the best places in India with a good literacy rate and as a result of this, there are esteemed Universities In Karnataka 2023. And as Karnataka is counted among the top places with a special literacy rate, there are various colleges and institutes that promise to provide students with quality education and the best career opportunities.
Aspirants from various parts of India, come to the state to get admitted to top colleges there so that they can embrace good career opportunities. If you are willing to pursue your desired course at Karnataka’s top university then, our list of the best colleges and universities in Karnataka will help you find the most suitable college.
And besides the list of colleges, we have also provided you with other details of the prestigious colleges such as eligibility criteria, entrance exams, admission procedure, NIRF ranking, etc.
- Admission procedure of the colleges in Karnataka – There is conducted state-level entrance exam to check the ability of students. Entrance exams are – COMEDK UGET, KCET, PEESAT, etc. Once students score good marks and clear the cut-off list, then, they can get admitted to their desired college and desired field. After clearing the entrance exam, students can fill out the application form for the college with all mandatory details such as name, address, contact number, etc.
- Degrees and courses offered by Karnataka’s colleges and universities – There are above 400 degrees offered by universities in Karnataka in many fields such as Arts, commerce, business, science, information technology, etc. The colleges offer Undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs.
- Total universities in Karnataka – Karnataka has got more than 20 Universities, above 190 Engineering institutions, 42 Medical Colleges, 38 Dental colleges, 248 Polytechnics, and 103 research institutes and Centers.
- Entrance exams of Karnataka’s colleges or universities – CAT, COMEDK UGET, COMEDK PGET, etc.
The eligibility criteria of institutes in Karnataka are based on many factors such as age, health, educational background, etc.
If you are going to want to pursue a UG or undergraduate program in your desired field of education then, you must have completed class 12th with a qualifying score of 60% marks.
If you are willing to be admitted to the PG program, you must have a UG degree with 60% marks.
For the admission process, all eligible candidates can contact the college authority for exact and accurate details. In general, eligible candidates can fill out the application form by providing all necessary information such as name, email id, contact number, etc.
List of Colleges & Universities 2023
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- Mysore University, Mysuru
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysuru
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- NITTE, Mangaluru
- Kuvempu University, Shimoga
- Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
- KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi
- Jain University, Bangalore
- BLDE Bijapur
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- PES University, Bengaluru
- Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Kolar
- Yenepoya University, Mangaluru
- JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru
- KLE Technological University, Dharwad
- Maharani Cluster University, Bengaluru
- Mangalore University, Mangalore
- Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, Tumkur
- Tumkur University, Tumkur
Top State Universities in Karnataka
Below you can see the list of the best state universities in Karnataka:-
- Bangalore University
- Davangere University
- Gulbarga University
- Kuvempu University
- Karnataka Veterinary
- Kannada University
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Karnataka State Women’s University
- Karnataka State Law University, Hubli
- Karnataka Open University
- University of Agricultural Sciences
- Tumkur University
- Karnatak University
- Mangalore University
- Mysore University
- National law School of India University
- University of Agricultural Sciences
- Visveswaraiah Technological University
Central University of Karnataka
Karnataka has one central university – “The Central University of Karnataka”.
Deemed institutes or Universities of Karnataka
- L.D.E. University Bijapur Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- International Institute of Information Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Jakkur Campus
- L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research J.N.Medical College Campus
- Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University
- Christ University Hosur
- Jain University V.V. Puram
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education Madhav Nagar
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana
- NITTE University Mangalore
- Yenepoya University Mangalore Karnataka
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences
- Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research
- Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education
There are many top colleges in Karnataka that offer good placements to all deserving students. Here we have provided a list of the famous institutes that have a history of offering good salary packages to students.
|1||National Institute of Technology Karnataka||More than 12 Lakhs|
|2||Manipal Institute of Technology||Around 7-8 Lakhs|
|3||Visvesvaraya Technological University||Above 5 Lakhs|
|4||MS Ramaiah Institute of Applied Sciences Bangalore||6-7 Lakhs|
AMAZON, JP MORGAN, DELOITTE, DELL, HCL, SAMSUNG, SAP, IBM, HSBC, BIG BASKET, etc.
The Indian Institute of Science(IISC) is ranked in the 2nd position according to the data released by MHRD – Honourable Minister of Human Resource Development. You can explore more NIRF rankings of other colleges as well.
How many universities are there in Karnataka?
There are more than 20 universities, over 190 engineering institutes, and around 40 medical science colleges. You can explore the list of Karnataka colleges.
Which is the number 1 university in Karnataka?
Indian Institute of Science, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Visvesvaraya Technological University, etc.
How many universities are there in Karnataka and name them?
Karnataka has over 20 prestigious universities. And the Indian Institute of Science is considered one of the esteemed ones.
How many central universities are there in Karnataka?
There is one central university in Karnataka named – “the central university of Karnataka”.
Who is the No 1 University in India?
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
Which is the biggest university in Karnataka?
Karnataka university is considered the biggest university in Karnataka and covers around 800-acre land with many skilled faculties in different fields such as IT, Science, business, etc.
What Are The New University In Karnataka?
There are around 8 universities in Karnataka.
What Are The Best Universities In Karnataka For Engineering?
BMS, Manipal institute of technology, etc.
What Are The Top 10 Universities In Karnataka?
KLE University, Presidency University, Yenepoya University, IIT Dharwad, NITTE Mangalore, Symbiosis International University, Srinivas University, etc.
What Are The Top Universities In Karnataka?
KLE University, etc.
The Last Note!
There are many top Universities In Karnataka that offer various reputed courses and degrees to students in different fields such as Science, Arts, Commerce, Business, Administration, etc. Apart from the list of institutes in Karnataka, we have provided other beneficial details of colleges as well such as eligibility criteria, admission procedure, entrance exams, NIRF ranking, etc.
Read Related Blogs!
- Universities In Guwahati 2023 – NIRF Ranking, Admission, Eligibility & Much more
- Top Universities In Andhra 2023 Fees, Ranking, Placement, etc.
- Top Universities In Goa 2023 – NIRF Ranking, Admission, Eligibility & Much More
- List Of Best Colleges In Gujarat 2023 Eligibility, Admission & Recruiters