Indian Institute of Technology Delhi popularly known as IIT Delhi is one of the popular colleges of India, established in the year 1961 and considered as one of the oldest colleges in India. This college offers a wide range of engineering courses in several categories that are equipped with the latest facilities.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is spread over 325 acres and has all the basic facilities in its campus-like hospitals, post offices, telecommunication centers, shopping centers, banks, stadiums, playgrounds, etc.
If we talk about the hostels in IIT Delhi, then the institute has 11 boys’ hostels and two girls’ hostels. IITD is expanding its borders with one expansion campus which is going to be set up in Sonepat and another one is coming soon in Jhajjar, Haryana. Both these campuses are spread over 50-50 acres of land.
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Popular Name||IIT Delhi|
|Campus size||325 acre|
|Extension campuses||2 (Sonepat and Jhajjar)|
|Number of courses||35|
|Number/ Types of scholarships offered||Eight: Merit scholarships, Merit-cum-Means scholarships, Category-based scholarships, among others|
|Scholarships range||Rs 1,000- Rs 2,500 per month|
|No. of recruiting companies (2020)||430 (Microsoft, Intel, Goldman Sachs, UBER, Standard Chartered, Societe Generale, among others)|
|Highest placement package (2020)||Rs 1 crore per annum|
|Average placement package (2020)||Rs 16 LPA|
IIT Delhi Courses Details 2022
|BTech||Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering + more specializations|
|MBA||General, Telecommunication Systems Management + more specializations|
|MSc||Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics + more specializations|
|BTech-MTech (Dual Degree)||Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics and Computing + more specializations|
|MTech||Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Computer Technology + more specializations|
|MS by Research||Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, among others|
|PhD||Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Management Studies, Humanities, and Social Sciences + more specializations|
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
There is a variety of course that comes under the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, if students are willing to get admission in these courses then they have to fulfill their eligibility criteria. Below we have provided some of these main course eligibility criteria, so get your full attention in the below section.
- Tech, B.Tech-MTech (Dual Degree) – Students must have a class 12 certificate from a recognized board with a minimum 75% aggregate (65% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) or in the top 20 percentile
- MTech- BE/B.Tech/MSc or equivalent degree from a recognized institute with a minimum 60% aggregate, or AMIE/Graduate IETE degree holder from a recognized institute
- MBA- To get admission in an MBA course, students must have passed class 12 graduation degree certificate or its equivalent of a minimum of three years duration with a CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale.
- MSc- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject, if the student is desirous of seeking admission to the MSc course with a minimum of 55% aggregate with a relevant compulsory subject at HSC-level.
- MDS- Students should have BE/B.Tech/BDS/BAR or equivalent degree certificate in relevant field with CGPA 6.00 on 10-point scale or 60% aggregate.
- MS by Research- To get admission in this course students must have BE/B.Tech/MSc or equivalent degree from a recognized institute with a minimum 60% aggregate with minimum working experience of 6-12 months.
- PhD– Want to take admission in Ph.D. then must have a master degree in relevant stream with minimum 60% aggregate
IIT Delhi is known as one of the prestigious institutes of Delhi, it is also associated with several national and international institutes which mainly work on building the skills and expertise of the students ready to serve humanity. Students can take admission in various types of engineering courses under the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. The syllabus, fee structure, eligibility criteria given on this page definitely help all the students who are going to get admission to this college.
Read Related Article-