NIMHANS is a reputed and well-known mental health and neuroscience institute situated in Bangalore and was established in 1954. For years, NIMHANS Bangalore has been providing several mental and nervous system-related courses to students with an aim to make them professional and skilled in neuroscience. Students who want to pursue the neuroscience field and become professionals then can choose NIMHANS Bangalore (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences) to take the best courses. The institute is ranked as the 4th leading mental health college in Bangalore and provides the best courses, placements, facilities.
|Name of the institute||National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences|
|Accredited by||UGC, PCI, MCI|
|Located in||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Ranking||It is ranked as 4th prestigious college in Bangalore|
|Mode of Application||Both Online and Offline|
|Name of the Director||Prof. B.N. Gangadhar|
|Facilities and accommodation offered by the institute||Boys and girls|
|How to Reach||–|
|Sport facilities provided by the institute||Yes|
What facilities are provided by NIMHANS Bangalore(National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences)?
NIMHANS Bangalore is a prominent institute in Bangalore and it provides education and a variety of courses on mental health and neuroscience. Those who want to take admission to the institute are required to apply for the entrance exam conducted by the college.
Apart from this, there are various facilities offered by the colleges to its students who succeed in getting admission. The college provides various modern techniques and tools to study how the mental or nervous system works.
Once you get admission in the institute after scoring good in the entrance exams then, students are offered various other facilities as well such as hostel, medical services, library, Medical center for any emergency, Library, Auditorium, Hospital, Hostel, Computer labs, Sports, Cafeteria, Medicine services and support, Computer labs, Laboratory, and etc.
What Courses are offered by NIMHANS Bangalore – National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences?
Here we have shown some courses that are provided by NIMHANS Bangalore to students who have a great interest in mental health and neuroscience. There are several undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in the institute with the help of which students can shape future and financial growth.
- Clinical Neurosciences (Virtual Dept.), Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neurotoxicology, PhD in Biophysics, Biostatistics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Mental Health Education, Neurochemistry, Clinical Psychology, Human Genetics, Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Neurological Rehabilitation, Neurovirology, Nursing, Psychiatric Social, Psychiatry, Speech Pathology & Audiology, Neuromicrobiology, Work, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology.
Super Speciality Courses
- DM in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Neuropathology, Geriatric Psychiatry, Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical Care; Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology; Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Neurology.
- M.Ch. in Neurosurgery
Courses in Postdoctoral
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Neuroanaesthesia & Neurocritical Care, Neuromicrobiology, Psychiatry (12 Courses), Neurovirology, Transfusion Medicine & Haematology, Neurology (08 Courses), Neurological Rehabilitation, Neuropathology.
- Fellowship Courses in Clinical Psychology (02 Courses), Mental Health Education, Psychiatric Social Work, Psychiatry (04 Courses).
- MD Course in Psychiatry
- MPH (Master of Public Health) Course
- M.Phil. in Biophysics, Clinical Psychology, Basic Neurosciences (Virtual Department), Neurophysiology, Psychiatric Social Work
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing, Biostatistics & Yoga Therapy (Mental Health & Neurosciences)
Postgraduate Diploma Course
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Biochemistry
- Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, Neurosciences Nursing
- B.Sc. in Nursing, Radiography, Anaesthesia Technology, Clinical Neurophysiology Technology
- Course in Neuropathology Technology and after completing the courses, students will get certificates.
What are the eligibility criteria to get admission in 2022?
|Courses offered by the institute||Eligibility Criteria|
|For admission in B.Sc Nursing||Candidates should complete their 10+2 or grade 12th with PCM(physics, chemistry, maths) as and need to score around 50% marks.|
|For Doctor of Medicine (DM)||Candidates need to have the Bachelor degree in relevant specialization|
|For M.Ch Neurosurgery||Bachelor’s in MBBS or MS/DNB in General Surgery from a recognized institute or university|
|Ph.D||Master’s Degree in relevant specialization|
What are the entrance exams conducted by the institute to let students secure their seats 2022?
In order to secure your seat in the college, candidates are required to obtain at least 50% marks each in the entrance exam. To check the student’s ability and communication skills, Interviews are also conducted by the institute during the admission procedure. The institute conducts a selection procedure on the basis of the Merit list. The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences entrance exam is conducted twice a year. The first session will be held in the month of March and the second session in October.
Here in the institute, students are offered a variety of courses for the undergraduate program, Diploma, postgraduate program, Post Graduate Diploma in Management., various medicine and medical Courses, Fellowship, Ph.D(Doctor of philosophy), etc. Those who have a dream of getting an admission in this reputed institute then, candidates are required to go through the Entrance test conducted by NIMHANS. After succeeding in getting passing marks in the entrance exam, one can get admission to the college.