Top 10 Best Design Colleges In Bangalore [Check Placements]
If designing is your passion and you want your journey to be started with the topmost design college, what could be better than to choose Design Colleges in Bangalore. In India, there are several top most colleges or universities that help students to pursue their design careers. They provide UG, PG, and even PhD in the designing arena. The design career choice is in demand in emerging India and going to offer lots of money and fame for adept artists.
With lots of trends and people understanding and liking the artwork, many new aspirants want to become renowned artists. This can only be possible with the right guidance that one gets by taking admission to top design colleges. But, students often get confused among choices and pick the wrong university or college sadly. However, we can help you get rid of this turbulence with our top 10 Design Colleges in Bangalore List. Have a look:
The list is crucial as these are the top picks for designing aspirants residing in Bangalore:
For most of the designing courses in Bangalore, the candidate needs to be 12th passed with at least 50% aggregate marks. Moreover, the school must be recognized by any of the education boards in India.
In most of the given institutes, admission happens through an entrance exam. A student, after passing the 12th, needs to appear for the individual university test. After that, if you seem to score the required marks, then only you will be given a seat.
However, some of them will require your intermediate marks to find admission.
#1. National Institute of Design (NID)
National Institute of Design was started in 2006, and it holds the 2-acre land. It offers only PG programs in the field of Digital Game Design, Information Design, Retail Experience, Interaction Design, and Universal Design. There are a total of three campuses of NID, and NID Bangalore is one of them.
The university is government-approved and intends to offer everything needed for you to become the finest artist.
#2. Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology
Established in 1966, the Srishti School of Art, or Shrishti Institute of Art is a multidisciplinary design school in Bangalore. It provides designing facilities in multiple areas of discipline:
- Animation and Visual Effects,
- Product and Interface Design
- Furniture and Spatial Design
- Business Systems and Design
- Digital Video Production
- Film Visual Communication
- Experimental Media Arts
- Design in Education, Textile Design
#3. LISAA School of Design
LISSA School of Design is associated with CREO Valley College in Bangalore. It provides UG courses in Fashion Design, Animation (Film Making), Interior Design, and Graphic Design (UI/UX).
LISSA is recognized by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication. It is one of the top rankings schools by professionals.
#4. JD Institute of Fashion Technology
JD Institute of Fashion Technology is growing rapidly race with the enormous number of courses it offers. The list of artistic courses is as follows:
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship
- Fashion Business Management
- Hair and Make-up Artistry
- Fashion Photography, etc.
#5. Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
IISc is known for its research courses mostly and is ranked 155th in the QS world rankings. There are almost 13 departments of which 6 are autonomous centers. The highest package for the IISc goes up to 60 LPA. However, the median package is 27 LPA. The companies like HSBC, Toshiba, and Oracle are the top hirers.
#6. Jain University – Center for Management Studies (CMS)
Jain University was established in 2009. These Colleges offer various courses on entrepreneurial skills and are also best suited for the design field. It has got an ‘A’ grade from NAAC.
It is situated at Lalbagh Road, Bangalore.
#7. Raffles Millennium International
A private initiative by Raffles Education Corporation, Raffles Millennium International was established in 2009. It is among the top designing institute which offers a variety of designing UG, PG & Diploma Courses. It is internationally available and provides the best guidance on design and fashion.
The list of courses it provides is given below:
- Visual Communication
- Bachelor of Design
- Advance Diploma in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Interior Designing
- Product Design and Interactive Multimedia design
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design
#8. Vogue Institute of Art and Design
Vogue Institute is considered the first to offer a degree program for design and fashion courses. It started in 1999. The area of the college is well equipped with a vast area, libraries, an amphitheatre, an auditorium, and more.
The institute believes in delivering teaching in a new way. Also, it uses a different methodology for sharing information and featuring the true essence of style, design, and art.
In the education of Vogue Institute, they not only focus on Art and Design but also work on individual behaviour which is the basic style a person possesses.
#9. WLC College India
With eight campuses in overall India and one in Nepal, WLC college remains among the top fashion technology and design colleges. It offers extensive UG and PG Courses for various Art fields. Here’s what they offer:
- Advertising & Graphic Design
- Fashion Technology
- Business Management and Media & Mass Communication
#10. NIFT Bangalore
Situated in Bangalore, the National Institute of Fashion Technology is a government initiative that offers a wide range of courses and diplomas in the Fashion discipline. Below is the list.
- Fashion Retail Management – (FRM)
- Garment Export Merchandising Management – (GEMM)
- Fashion & Clothing Technology – (FCT)
- Fashion Integration for Textiles – (FIT)
- Luxury Product Design (LPD)
NIRF Ranking For Design Colleges in Bangalore: (Previous Year)
|National Institute of Design (NID) Bangalore||Rank 4|
|Srishti Institute of Art, Design, and Technology||Rank 16|
|Jain (Deemed-to-be University)||Rank 85|
|R. V. College of Architecture||Rank 89|
|M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences||Rank 101-150|
As stated, these rankings for each college are of previous years’ data of NIRF. However, it can be changed in the coming time with the performance of each college.
Each student not only just wants to get the finest education, but also the employment at best places in the world. Luckily, these design institutes from India help you earn a decent job as almost all these institutes are tied up with major recruiters from India and the world.
- National Institute of Design (NID): It is the government-based finest place for design as well as style courses. It has a 100% placement record for a long period of time. It comes from Bangalore and recruiters want the best candidates for their work.
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology: Being a leading college campus for various designer-degree holders, it is not let its students down from its placement practices. It is conglomerated with numerous fashion firms, start-ups, etc which hire candidates in a regular way.
- Raffles Millennium International: It is adding value to students’ life by getting them recruited in the topmost fashion industries. For many years, it has been offering the best candidates to the best design firms, advertising agencies, etc.
- Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD): Being government-approved, recruiters seek most of the demanding candidates from here. In past, there are numerous top candidates were hired from here.
- WLCI School of Design: A student who graduated from WLCI is capable enough to find the finest jobs within the fashion industry. And, it becomes possible along with the visit of various top-notch fashion gigs.
- College placements mostly show before taking admission to remain sure of the job. However, that should not be the only parameter for entering college. The other parameters like faculty, the infrastructure of the campus, and extracurricular activities play a vital role.
From various research, we have found the best colleges for designing courses in Bangalore. These top picks undoubtedly are going to help you choose what your design college in Bangalore is. Find all the necessary information stuffed in the blog.
Read More Related Blogs
- Best List of Career Objectives for a Fresher With Examples
- BSSC CGL Syllabus 2023: [Download Free Syllabus PDF]
- Some “Best Science Colleges in Mumbai” with Admission Process
- Art And Design Colleges In BangaloreBachelor Of Design Colleges In BangaloreBest Design Colleges In BangaloreDesign Colleges in BangaloreFashion Design Colleges In BangaloreGraphic Design Colleges In BangaloreInterior Design Colleges In BangaloreProduct Design Colleges In BangaloreTop Interior Design Colleges In Bangalore