IIT Kanpur also known as the Indian Institute of Technology is one of the top premier institutes of technology in India; it was established in the year of 1958. This institute provides quality education to the students provides quality research and provides leadership in technological innovation under the Government of India.
As IIT Kanpur is known as the top IIT in India showing excellence not only in academics but also in research. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is focusing on research initiatives that have tied up with several universities across the world.
IIT Kanpur offers over 60 courses in five different fields at UG, PG, and doctoral levels. The Institute is ranked 4th by Employer Reputation as per NIRF 2019, 5th in Engineering, and 6th in the overall category.
|Name of College||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|Institute type||Public Engineering College|
|Campus size||1037 acre|
|Rankings||– This Institute ranked 5 among Indian Universities in 2022|
– Ranked 277 globally in QS World University Rankings in 2020
– Ranked 6 by NIRF Overall in 2019
|Entrance exams accepted||GATE, JAM, CAT, JEE Main|
|Types of scholarships offered||– Donor Scholarships|
– External Scholarships
– Sports Scholarships
Merit-cum Means (MCM) Scholarships
|Highest placement package (2021)||Rs 82 LPA|
|Popular recruiters||Microsoft, Quant Box, Graviton Trading, etc.|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Modes of application||Online|
|Category||Best Engineering Colleges in India|
IIT Kanpur Courses 2022 Details
- Tech. + M.Tech.
- Tech + MBA
- Msc + Phd
List of B.Tech Courses available at IIT Kanpur 2022:
- Biological Sciences and Bio-Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Science (Energy, Environment & Climate)
- Engineering Science (Mechanics) (Multidisciplinary Programs)
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Kanpur Eligibility Criteria 2022
-Computer Science and
|Qualifying Entrance exam: JEE Main|
Candidates should have a Class 12 certificate with at least 75% aggregate (65% for SC, ST and PwD) or equivalent board examination in the Science stream
-Biological Sciences and Bio-Engineering
|Qualifying Entrance exam: GATE|
Students should possess BE/ BTech or equivalent degree certificate with at least 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA
|Qualifying Entrance exam: JAM|
Candidates should have BSc or equivalent degree certificate with a minimum of 55% aggregate (50% for SC/ST) or CGPA of 6 (5.5 for SC/ST)
|MBA||Qualifying Entrance exam: CAT|
One need to posses Graduation degree with a minimum of 60 % aggregate from a recognised University.
|Qualifying Entrance exam: GATE or CSIR NET /UGC NET|
Students should have Master’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ST) or CGPA of 6.5 (5.5 for SC/ST)
Every year many companies come to the campus and hire talented and highly skilled students by following a set of admission process criteria. Students are hired according to their skills and talents which include students of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. Below we have shown the detailed placement process and also includes top recruiting companies, so grab your full attention in the below section.
Get Detailed Procedure
- The Student Placement Office sends formal invitations to the companies to initiate the process of placement.
- Those companies who are interested to participate in this process, confirm and register on the web portal.
- All those students who are interested in the placement process submit their resumes to SPO.
- The SPO will verify the resumes submitted by the candidates.
- Companies come to the campus to conduct pre-placement talks.
- Assessment tests are conducted for Verbal Ability and Quantitative Aptitude Reasoning.
- The SPO finalizes the final placement schedule.
- The company receives the information of the interested students along with the scores assessed by the SPO.
- The companies shortlist the candidates online as per the respective company norms.
- Companies visit the campus and interview the shortlisted candidates and submit the list of selected candidates to the SPO.
- The SPO will inform the candidates about the offer received from the company.
|Placement Details||No. of Students clearing examinations||No.of Students placed||Median Salary|
(Amount in Rs.)
|Students who went for higher studies|
|Total students graduating in 2018-19||770||437||1500000||301|
|Total Students from post-graduation in 2018-19||774||534||1088500||201|
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank