The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is popularly known as IIT Roorkee or IITR. It is public engineering institution that situates in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. It was one of the earliest engineering institutes in India and is a prestigious institute of higher learning in the country. IIT Roorkee offers undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs in engineering and technology. It has over 300 faculty members and around 8000 students.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is a public engineering institution located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. It was established in 1847 and was the third and last of the IITs to be set up (after IIT Bombay and Delhi). Throughout this article, students will be able to get entire information about IT Roorkee 2022 such as fee structure, course, ranking, placement, etc. Read Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee here.
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|Popular Name||IIT Roorkee|
|Number of courses||65|
|Number/ Types of scholarships offered||Three: Merit-Cum-Means (MCM), James Thomason Scholarship, INSPIRE Scholarship IITR|
|No. of recruiting companies (2021)||41 (Paytm, Cognizant, Infosys, among others)|
|Highest placement package (2021)||Rs 19 LPA|
|Collaborations||Indian Institute of Petroleum, Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), among others|
|Size of Campus||– Roorkee: 365 acre|
– Saharanpur: 25 acre
– Greater Noida: 10 acre
|Student intake||– UG: 4521|
– PG: 1634
– PhD: 2553
|Number of departments||23|
|Rankings (2021)||– Ranked 1 for Architecture by NIRF|
– it Ranked 6 for Engineering by NIRF
– Ranked 5 among IITs by India Today
IIT Roorkee Courses 2022
IIT Roorkee comprises 23 academic departments which collectively offer over 65 UG, PG, and doctoral degree courses at present. It offers MSc, BArch, MBA, BTech, MTech, MSc, and Ph.D. degrees in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Science, Management, and Social Sciences. Apart from this, students also get a chance to pursue integrated and dual degree courses including Integrated MTech, Integrated MSc, Integrated MS, etc. to complete further education.
If talk about the duration of the course, then B. Tech is the flagship program of IIT Roorkee and it is a program of four years duration. Other UG and integrated courses range in duration from four to five years. Each duration is two years for PG programs like MTech, MBA, MSc, etc.
Follow the complete table given below to get the specialization-wise course structure in which students will be able to know all the specializations for each course, so the table given below grabs your full attention.
|Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering +|
|MSc||Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Economics +|
|MBA||Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Systems +|
|ME/ MTech||Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering + more specializations|
|BTech + MTech||Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineering + More|
|Integrated MSc||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|PhD||Architecture & Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering + More|
IIT Roorkee Placements 2022
Every year, the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee conducts a recruitment drive for various companies, which it calls the Placement Drive. The Placement Drive is a three-day affair that begins on a Friday and ends on a Sunday. The placement process involves a lot of hard work by the students and the faculty members of IITR. It is a long process from the first round of campus interviews in October to the final round in December.
During the final year of IIT Roorkee placements, more than 285 organizations visit the campus and participate in the placement drives. Apart from domestic, there are some international offers as well. Below we have provided the placement statistics around IIT Roorkee Placements 2021 in the table below, so grab your full attention in the below section and know everything in a clear way.
|Total number of job offers||51|
|Total number of companies participated||41 (Deloitte, EY, IFFCO are few recruiters among others)|
|First time participating companies||30|
|Mean CTC||Rs 10.58 LPA|
|Highest CTC||Rs 19 LPA|
IIT Roorkee Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Tech/BAR- Class 12 certificate from a recognized board with 75% aggregate (60% for SC/ST) or 20% in percentile.
- Tech/M.Arch/MURP- 60% aggregate or CGPA 6.0 with a 10-point scale (55% for SC/ST/PD candidates) in bachelor’s degree relevant stream.
- MBA- Students must have Graduation with a minimum of 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ ST/ PD) with a valid CAT score. IIT graduates who are admitted through JEE Advanced with CGPA 7.0 are exempted from the CAT score requirement and are eligible to apply.
- MSc- To apply for this course, students must have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream with a minimum of 55% aggregate or CGPA 5.5 on a 10-point scale (50% or CGPA 5.0 for SC/ST/PD) needed.
- MDS (Industrial Design) – Students need a four-year bachelor’s degree with maths in class 12th. Also, they are required to obtain a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying degree (55% for SC/ST/PD).
- MIM (Masters in Innovation Management) – Students should have a Graduation degree in any stream with five years experience after the degree. Minimum 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ ST/ PD) in qualifying degree
- Ph.D.- Must have a Master’s degree with a minimum 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ST/PWD).