The government of West Bengal has taken initiative and announced the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022 for meritorious students from economically backward sections of the state. By providing financial aid with this scholarship program a plethora of students are getting help in their studies and they are forwarding their goals ahead.
This scholarship program is basically applicable for higher secondary and undergraduate/postgraduate students to help them further their studies.
Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship which is shortly known as SVMCM and popularly known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is applicable for all the students who are eligible to participate in it.
Before going ahead, one needs to read the eligibility criteria and other important aspects to apply for this scholarship so that easily you can participate in it.
| Scholarship Name||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Also Known As Bikash Bhavan Scholarship|
|Conducted by||Government of West Bengal|
West Bengal Higher Education Departmenttment (WBHED)
|Scholarship Type||Merit cum Means Based Scholarship|
|Applicable for||Highly Secondary And Undergraduate/Postgraduate Students|
|Mode of Application||Online|
wbmdfcscholarship.org (for minority communities)
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
The scholarship is named after Indian Hindu monk and philosopher Vivekananda, which was started by the Government of West Bengal, to provide financial assistance to all those who are suffering from the financial crisis and despite not being able to pursue further studies.
There is an online application process available for this scholarship, so those who want to participate in this scholarship to get benefits can easily apply by visiting its official website, but before filling out the online application form, the scholars must check their eligibility criteria and other important aspects as shown below. So, draw your attention to the section below.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- For the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship of Class 11 or Upper Secondary Level, the applicant must have passed the Madhyamik Pariksha or the equivalent exam with 75% of the
- Undergraduate Students, one needs to obtain 75% in class For the postgraduate level, the candidate must have scored at least 53% (for the general education), 55% (in the case of engineering) in graduation.
- For the diploma (polytechnic level), one should have a Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent passed certificate with 75% of the course marks leading to the first-year diploma.
- Upper secondary exam passed or equivalent with at least 75% of the marks for the 2-year diploma in Modern Office Practice and the Management, Pharmacy, 3D Animation, and the Graphics are applicable to participate in this scholarship program.
- For the Kanyashree candidate (K3 component), students must receive a valid
sanctioned K2 ID card, scholars must take a PG course in arts, science, and business, students must have graduated with a 45%
- For this Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, the income certificate is very important. The student’s annual family income should not exceed2.5 lakh.
- The candidate must be a resident of Western.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Benefits 2022
- Financial help is supplied to the college students availing of this scheme, who do not have enough money to pay the fees.
- Advantages of this scheme.
- This program will provide quality education to the students in the state.
- The implementation of this program will reduce the financial burden on the students due to their education.
- This program will also improve the literacy rate of the entire state.
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Program will also create employment opportunities.
- Scholars from the economically weaker sections of society can take advantage of this scheme.
- Students who are studying Post Graduation, Under Graduation and Class 9th to 12th, can take
How To Fill The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Online
- Follow the official website to fill Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022 online application.
- On the homepage, click on the tab “Fresh Registration”
- Then you will redirect to svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/page/register.php. Read the mentioned important instruction and follow that box.
- After that click on the scholarship link given there as per the eligibility criteria
- At this point, fill in all the required details correctly and proceed.
- Now, click on submit button given there then your registration will be done successfully
- Now, follow the “Applicant Login” link given there.
- At this point, Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Dashboard will open on your screen.
- Then, fill out your scholarship application form using the correct details in it and upload all the required documents mentioned in this article below.
Important Documents to be Uploaded
- Marksheet of last board/ Council/ College/ University exam
- Admission Receipt
- Family Income Certificate
- Scanned copy of bank passbook (page continuing Account Number and IFSC code)
- Marksheet of Madhyamik Exam
- Domicile Certificate (as Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/ Ration Card/ Certificate issued by Concerned Authority
The selection process of the candidates will be done on the basis of both academic merit and financial needs, hence both need to be taken care of so that you can get selected easily. Know the selection process pattern below.
- Sorting of applications in descending order on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and income criteria.
- After the merit list is prepared, the scholarship amount will be distributed to the bank accounts of the candidates.
SVMCM Scholarship 2022 Important Dates
|The online application process begins||October|
|The online application process ends||February|
|For Minority Communities|
|The online application process begins||August|
|The online application process closes||March|
Read for the More Related Scholarship program here!
What are the eligibility criteria for the application of SVMCM 2022?
The eligibility criteria depend on which post you are going to apply for. Under this scholarship program, higher secondary to postgraduate students are applied to fill out the online form.
What is the age limit to apply for SVMCM 2022?
There is no age limit for the scholarship
How to apply for SVMCM 2022
The complete application process is presented in this blog so read and follow it.
Do I need to renew Swami Vivekananda Scholarship every year?
Yes, students need to renew this scholarship program every year.
What is the last date for the online submission of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022?
The official dates for the upcoming session are to be announced Soon.
When will the SVMCM scholarship process start?
The SVMCM scholarship process will start tentatively in October.
Will the registration details be sent to my email id?
“Yes,” All registration information will be sent to your registered email id.